Sunday, March 30, 2008

Home Alone on ATEC Island



For two days I haven't been able to Teleport off ATEC Island, despite (1) installation of the new version of Second Life and (2) clearing the caches in SL Preferences, then rebooting. To make things even more complicated, SL's Support has cut back on the level of support they offer to "Guests" (non-paying members) and when I submitted a request for help at the area of their website where I've received help before, they sent an automatic reply saying that my "problem would not be reviewed." Any suggestions from you SL experts for troubleshooting this lack of teleportation? It's been lonely on the island, I've seen not a soul from my team. Seems like there's a lot of work that needs to be done around here. Is the construction crew at a bowling league tournament? Since I can't go anywhere, I've been forced to entertain myself with experiments using the SL templates, creating avatar skin, hair and clothing. As seen in photo above: my first custom hair and matching shirt, made from a multicolored seamless texture. Psychedelic....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know who you're counting as "your team" but I was there for several hours yesterday and a couple on Friday, and the week is still only middle-aged. I frequently see "....is online" messages(but don't usually look around for people), so I don't think things are that bad